The successor of GAZ-67B and used even after the war American Willyses and Ford GPW’s in the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact countries. The plants in Gorky (GAZ) established small initial series of these cars (years 1952-1955), most of the production takes place in Ulyanovsk (UAZ, 1954-1972).
The famous „Gazik” was produced also in Romania in the factory ARO (1957-1975). GAZ-69 was present in two main versions, the body of an open canvas roof: two- and four- seater (the so-called: Komandorka) and many specialist vehicles.
The vehicle was also used as a light self-propelled tank destroyer, known as 2K15. In the special, elevated body with hinged back cover housed four railed rocket launcher 2P26 for ATGM’s 3M6 „Shmel”.
Length / width / height: 3.85 / 1.75 / 2.03 m
Curb weight: 1525 kg
Load capacity: approx. 600 kg
Drive: gasoline, bottom valve, 4-cylinder M20 with a capacity of 2.12 liters and power of 55 hp
Fuel consumption: approx. 15 l / 100 km
Maximum speed: 100 km / h