FSC Lublin 51, 1954


In 1948 it was decided to license production in Lublin of Soviet truck GAZ-51 with a capacity of 2.5 t and 4×2 drive system, his development of production started in the USSR before the outbreak of II World War. The plans assumed production capacity of 12,000 (and soon even 25,000) units per year.

The first Lublin-51 (so was named the car) left Lublin Truck Plant in the name of Bolesław Bierut in 7th November 1951. This way Lublin plant celebrated the 34th anniversary of the October Revolution. Truck was produced in several versions, of course trailer version was produced in the largest number, there were also produced: sanitary, workshop, prison-van or Walking cinema body versions.

The vehicle also underwent some modernization, including changed the carburetor and manual brake, replaced vacuum system drive wipers with electric wiper and introduced in place of wooden cab, covered with sheet metal cab as a imitation of completely metal cab structure.

Despite the elaborate production plans, in June 1959 total of only 17479 copies of the Lublin 51 were constructed (for comparison: in the period 1946-1975 in the Soviet Union produced nearly 3.5 million of Gaz-51!). With a small loading capacity and engine burning more than 26 liters per 100 km, Lublin-51 could not stand competition with larger trucks, such as the STAR 20 and 21.

Which were giving the possibility of transporting 3.5 – 4 t of load with much better operating parameters. After the cessation of production of Lublin-51 production lines from Lublin Truck Plant appeared a van called Żuk.

Specifications Lublin 51:
Length: 5.53 m
Width: 2.20 m
Height: 2.13 m
Wheelbase: 3.30 m
Curb weight: 2710 kg
Load capacity: 2500 kg
The maximum speed on the road: 70 km / h
Range on the road: 330 km
Drive: petrol, inline bottom valve engine, 6 cylinders, GAZ M-51
Displacement: 3480 cm3
Power: 70 hp
Fuel consumption on the road: 26,5 l / 100 km